"Happiness is a state of joy for everything what brings you life… there are ups and downs, but the important part is to be grateful for this day and the experience it brings."
- A phrase I said to my friend today, confirming my happiness.
I was unhappy, I am happy now. I still have the same problems and difficulties in my life. Well I actually don't have any. But I am trying to find myself, or understand what next step should I be doing. Is it travel some more or settle down in my mother country. Yet I have responsibilities and duties, what should I do about this all? Well, I am not one egoistic little girl dreaming about life (I am a bit). But in order to produce a good quality work I have to find my happiness and find my way out. I am ready to work as much as I have to, but the only thing crave for is happiness and knowledge that I walk my destiny and utilise every day of my life with use.
Luckily enough I have got 4 days all by myself, sharing it with my lovely silent Dog, Nicky. I was way down there with a depression and almost suicidal though (which I would never proceed to an action, but there were so much pain inside that it was way too hard to live through).
Such a hard depression was cured within a day or two and was confirmed within another two days. How?
My recipe of happiness or depression cure:
1. Locked inside all by myself and my dog. Obviously having all food I needed and silence I needed. Plus internet, for which I am extremely thankful! I did not use it for communication and facebook, though.
2. Locked and switched off all technology especially iPhone applications such as Instagram, Facebook, Gmail, Twitter and other communication sources. NO CALLS and NO MESSAGES. (Luxury of 21-century)
3. Fresh air 3 times a day / silent walks, listening to favourite music or sounds of our beautiful nature.
4. Sportive activities. I did running at the gym and some lovely group classes with weights and aqua aerobics. Well anything you love to do, where your nose breaths and mind's too busy to think of problems.
5. The last but least!
Spiritual and mental food and great sources of inspiration!
I have started with iTunes U, where I typed "happiness" in the search bar and bingo...!
- "Understanding Happiness" - List of TED conferences. Just on overall Talks about researches, where some were amazing, some I did not even understood. Good source to start with, especially if you are a TED fun.
- "Happiness: Exploring Its Spiritual and Rational Foundations" - Beautiful and inspiring lectures from Chapman University about happiness, confirming that religion and meditation can bring you back to the happiness path.
- "Applied Ethics" by Larry Poller - 10 min basic knowledge about our community by a Community College. Frankly we all know this, but I enjoyed listen it just to understand that I am not really mistaken on anything. Was lovely to take a step backwards and look at out social rules from an academic point of view.
BOOKS of an inspiration:
- "Happy for no reason" Marci Shimoff, Carol Kline - Beautiful book, which I felt to be quite feminine, yet might be quite useful for some man too. Simple step by step guidelines of our happiness.
Thanks to this book for the first time in a long time I have started to listen to myself, take care of myself and treat and heal myself. In the middle of this book I could not resist to smile! I have cried and laugh. For the first time I have relaxed, simple as that.
*** For those who are experiencing problems in their love life, head to "Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus" by John Gray. You will be amused, how much we don't know about each other!
I still feel pain and fell sadness, I have my bad bays and crashes, sometimes desperate with tears on my face... yet I am happy and grateful for feeling what I feel. I really hope that one day I will be an even happier person with a sparkling eyes, in the world on which I look through heart and never through mind.
BTW. I am not an expert or a doctor. I have found a great information, which helped me a lot. I hope this can help you too!
If you have some other tips on how boost your happiness, please share them with me!